Emily Sadri, WHNP, CNM, IBCLC is a Holistic Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwife with over a decade of experience working with women and families.
She spent the last five years catching babies in a busy urban practice in Cleveland, Ohio, and recently left to open her own functional medicine for women practice.
She is a yogi, mom of four, avid cook, and is active in midwifery politics.
She is passionate about bringing a whole body + whole mind approach to healthcare, and to helping women overcome the obstacles that prevent them from serving their families, professions and communities.
In this episode Emily joins me to talk about postpartum depression and staying mentally and physically healthy after giving birth.
Emily addresses the following in this episode:
- Understand the difference between postpartum blues and postpartum depression.
- Suggestions for dietary as well as herbs and supplements and what herbs and medications to avoid
- When to exercise and whether you should be on a low carb diet
- Importance of postpartum plan before the birth of your child
- Keeping a circle of trusted people close or seek mental health support or support from a postpartum doula
- Identify support from family and friends to care for family during the postpartum period
Resources: POEM for Postnatal mood disorders.
Watch The Interview On Youtube!
Transforming Anxiety Course
Registration is now open for this online, self paced anxiety course. Learn to transform YOUR anxiety from the comfort, privacy, and convenience of your home.
Top 10 Self Care Strategies
This useful guide will inspire you to take better care of yourself so you can be more present and available to those you love, enjoy your job more, and feel more positive about your life.
The strategies are easy to follow and implement in your daily life.